But there’s one in every crowd, isn’t there? Take that “one” and add it to emails, tweets, and Facebook posts that range from fabulous to frightening, and you have the:
quotes about Of Dolls & Murder
10. I’m pretty sure one of your dolls slipped on a banana peel and died. That’s pretty funny.
9. I left during the Body Farm scene to go to the bathroom, not because I couldn't handle it. But it was pretty gross. (Just to be clear, you are talking about the scene and not your trip to the bathroom?)
8. I saw your film on Thursday night. I had no idea that a woman directed it until the end credits. I think that's hot. Are you single? Are you looking for someone who will appreciate your dark side? (Um, no.)
7. I would buy two copies of your film but besides my daughter, I can't think of anyone else who would want it. I could take my chances with the gift exchange at work, but I think I will pass. (So…just one DVD for you then?)
6. Keep me posted on your GLOBAL DOMINATION!
5. I wish someone would have warned me that your documentary is pretty much a horror film. I just wasn't prepared. (And here I was worried that putting “Murder” in the title would scare people off.)
4. I liked the DVD extras so much better than the actual movie.
3. Your film gave me nightmares! (You and me both.)
2. (From a Q&A following a screening) What deep dark thing happened to you to make you make this film? (What deep dark thing happened to you to make you want to see it? Hmmm?)
1. I could just kill you for not revealing the answers to the Nutshells. But I won't because that would be justifiable homicide and where's the mystery in that? (I really can’t argue with this.)
Honorable mention: “I can’t wait to show your film to my students!” – At least 3 elementary school teachers. (I only wish I was kidding.)
Here’s to a 2012 full of memorable quotes for everyone!