October is here and we declare it Of Dolls & Murder month!
(We did the same thing last year and no one objected, so we're just going to run with it.)
Thanks for signing up for the Of Dolls & Murder newsletter. Periodically, we will send you updates on the film, such as news about screenings, DVDs, new content on our website, interviews and new projects.
The Of Dolls & Murder DVD is available for purchase! Go to www.ofdollsandmurder.com or click here. The DVD includes the extended version of the film as well as extra features. Of Dolls & Murder merchandise (necklaces and posters) are also available and we will be adding more soon.
Kickstarter & DVD
If you're looking for more bang for your buck, you can receive a DVD of the film as a reward when you donate to our new kickstarter campaign for Of Dolls & Murder - the Sequel. We just launch a campaign today based on the work of artist Cynthia von Buhler, who is creating her own dollhouse crime scenes based on a murder mystery in her own family. We're hoping to feature her story in a new documentary film.
Read more about it and watch the video here.
We started screening Of Dolls & Murder this summer and now we seem to be adding new screenings each week. We hope to make it to your favorite independent theater.
- Oct 18 -20 Copenhagen at the Huset i Magstræde
- Oct 22 Edina, Minnesota, Edina Film Festival
- Oct 24 New York City (Shh! Secret location for now. See why here.)
- Oct 25 Lowell, Massachusetts - Lowell Film Collaborative
- Oct 26 Gloucester, Massachusetts - Cape Ann Community Cinema
Of Dolls & Murder in the News
We received some great reviews and press recently:
- Euan Kerr of Minneapolis Public Radio produced a wonderful segment. You can read or listen here. He interviewed us as well as John Waters for the segment.
- For the life of us we can't understand why this reviewer called our film a "puppet show" but it is a truly well-done and insightful article.
- Great and thoughtful article by Max Sparber.